Hawthorne & Horace Mann Schools
Beverly Vista Middle School
Beverly Hills High School
Request Form Special Meal Accommodations
- CHARGING POLICY
- BHUSD will feed all students who want a meal daily regardless of consent per federal regulation. Students without money on account will be charged negatively the full meal price and the parent/guardian will be billed with an email or sent a letter in the mail. Parents/Guardians must fill out a "Meal Waiver Form" if they do not want their child to charge negatively.
- NEW THIS YEAR! ENERGY PACK Breakfast Meals
- All grade levels will be able to purchase an Energy Pack Meal at the school entrance 30 minutes before school begins.
- For all grades Energy Pack Meals are $2.00, or free for students that receive free meals and $0.30 for students that receive reduced-price meals
- Students choose from a variety of items to create their own Energy Pack!
- Choose 2 whole-grain items
- Must choose a fruit and/or Fruit Juice
- Choose 1 Milk
- K-12 LUNCH MEALS
- A monthly menu will be posted online
- Students will choose an entrée from several choices, milk, fruit and/or vegetables, for lunch.
- Elementary School, Grades TK-5, Meals are $4.00
- Middle School, Grades 6-8, meals are $4.50
- High School, Grades 9-12, meals are $4.75
- For all grades, lunch meals are free for students that receive free meals and $0.40 for students that receive reduced-price meals
- KOSHER - All Grades
- The Energy Pack Meal at breakfast and the Cold Combo Meal at Lunch have Kosher options to create a Kosher meal.
- The PB&J sandwich is Kosher and Vegan.
- The milk served with the meals is Kosher.
- We offer whole fresh fruit and some packaged packed cut fruits/veggies
School Lunches are not what they used to be!
Times have changed and so have school lunches! At Beverly Hills Unified School District, our school foods and beverages meet all federal and state requirements based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Our foods and beverages are:
- 100% Whole grain rich
- Less than 30% fat
- Less than 10% saturated fat
- 0 grams of trans fat
- Meet 1/3 of the recommended daily allowances (RDA) for vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, protein, and calories
We offer a variety of daily offerings:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables
- Non-fat chocolate milk or 1% milk
- Lower sodium food items
We attempt to minimize waste by implementing "offer vs. serve", allowing the student to choose their meals. We provide students with access to a variety of appealing foods that meet the nutritional needs of students.
- Meals are available for students on Field Trip Days.
Parents may order the field trip meals on the Field Trip Permission Slip. All meals provided for field trips will be a cold combo meal consisting of String Cheese, Sunflower Seeds, Crackers, Granola, fruit, vegetables, and non-fat chocolate milk or 1% reduced fat milk.