Hawthorne & Horace Mann Schools
Beverly Vista Middle School
Beverly Hills High School
Request Form Special Meal Accommodations
All meals are free for all students until June 30, 2022
Regular operations while school is physically open, please see below:
- FREE & REDUCED MEAL APPLICATIONS
- Some families may qualify for free meals. It is recommended to still apply even though all meals are free, as approved applicants may be eligible for other programs. Please apply online at https://family.titank12.com/RJ2WL4
- K-12 LUNCH & BREAKFAST MEALS
- A monthly menu will be posted online
- Students will choose an entrée from several choices, milk, fruit and/or vegetables, for lunch.
- KOSHER - All Grades
- The Energy Pack Meal at breakfast and the Cold Combo Meal at Lunch have Kosher options to create a Kosher meal.
- The PB&J sandwich is Kosher and Vegan.
- The milk served with the meals is Kosher.
- We offer whole fresh fruit and some packaged packed cut fruits/veggies
School Lunches are not what they used to be!
Times have changed and so have school lunches! At Beverly Hills Unified School District, our school foods and beverages meet all federal and state requirements based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Our foods and beverages are:
- 100% Whole grain rich
- Less than 30% fat
- Less than 10% saturated fat
- 0 grams of trans fat
- Meet 1/3 of the recommended daily allowances (RDA) for vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, protein, and calories
We offer a variety of daily offerings:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables
- Non-fat chocolate milk or 1% milk
- Lower sodium food items
We attempt to minimize waste by implementing "offer vs. serve", allowing the student to choose their meals. We provide students with access to a variety of appealing foods that meet the nutritional needs of students.
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
- CHARGING POLICY
- BHUSD will feed all students who want a meal daily regardless of consent per federal regulation. Students without money on account will be charged negatively the full meal price and the parent/guardian will be billed with an email or sent a letter in the mail.
- SECOND MEAL PRICES
- Grades TK-5: Lunch Meal $4.00
- Grades 6-8: Lunch Meal $4.50
- Grades 9-12: Lunch Meal $4.75
- FREE & REDUCED PRICE MEALS
- BHUSD offers free or reduced-priced meals for those that qualify. Students receiving SNAP or MediCal may already automatically qualify for free or reduced-priced meals.
- PAYMENT SYSTEM
- Prepay your child’s account online at Titan K12. Parents can also make payments with a check made out to BHUSD. Please indicate your child’s name and ID number on the check. Cash can be deposited into accounts by cafeteria office staff at the Beverly Hills High School outside of serving hours.
- CASH POLICY
- Cash is not accepted in Grades TK-5. Cash is accepted at the cafeteria cash registers for Grades 6-12. Change is not given at the register. The change from a transaction is placed on the child’s account for later use.
- ACCOUNT BALANCE ROLLOVER
- Account balances will rollover automatically to the next school year even if a student changes schools within BHUSD.
- ACCOUNT REFUND
- For refunds, balance transfers, or to donate remaining funds to a student in need within BHUSD, please fill out the Refund Form. If requesting a refund, you will receive a refund check by mail. Please allow up to 10 business days for processing.
- ACCOUNTS FOR STUDENTS LEAVING BHUSD
- A Refund Form must be received by June 30th of the school year that your child left or graduated BHUSD. Any funds left on account for students who have left BHUSD will automatically be donated to students in need at the beginning of the next school year if a refund form is not received by June 30th.
- Meals are available for students on Field Trip Days.
Parents may order the field trip meals on the Field Trip Permission Slip. All meals provided for field trips will be a cold combo meal consisting of String Cheese, Sunflower Seeds, Crackers, Granola, fruit, vegetables, and non-fat chocolate milk or 1% reduced fat milk.