Menus subject to change
School Lunches are not what they used to be!
Times have changed and so have school lunches! At Beverly Hills Unified School District, our school foods and beverages meet all federal and state requirements based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines and the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Our foods and beverages are:
- 100% Whole grain rich
- Less than 30% fat
- Less than 10% saturated fat
- 0 grams of trans fat
- Meet 1/3 of the recommended daily allowances (RDA) for vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, protein, and calories
We offer a variety of daily offerings:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables
- Non-fat chocolate milk or 1% milk
- Lower sodium food items
We attempt to minimize waste by implementing "offer vs. serve", allowing the student to choose their meals. We provide students with access to a variety of appealing foods that meet the nutritional needs of students.
- K-12 LUNCH MEALS served in the school’s cafeteria
- A monthly menu will be posted online
- Students will choose an entrée from up to 4 choices, milk, fruit and/or vegetables, and a whole-grain snack item for lunch.
- Grades K-8 meals are $5.00 each meal
- High School, Grades 9-12, meals are $6.00 each meal
- HIGH SCHOOL A LA CARTE – GRADES 9-12 ONLY
- Nutrition Carts
- Nutrition carts will be located on the second floor patio, STC patio, and near the weight room. Students may choose from a variety of a la carte snack offerings including pizza bagels, buttered bagels, breakfast burritos, and a variety of snacks and drinks. Prices range from $0.50 each to $2.50 each
- Lunch Carts
- Lunch carts serving a la carte items, or non-meals, are located on the front lawn and in the corner room of the cafeteria. Students may choose from a variety of a la carte entrée and snack offerings including pizza, sandwiches, chicken and rice bowls, and variety of snacks and drinks. Prices range from $0.50 each to $7.00 each.
- Please note students wishing to purchase a complete meal must go to the cafeteria at lunch. Currently, the carts do not offer meals.
- Glatt-Kosher Turkey sandwiches will be provided by Got Kosher, Inc.
- Kosher sandwiches are delivered 2 times per week
- Monday delivery serves Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- Thursday delivery serves Thursday and Friday
- Meals are available for students on Field Trip Days.
- At the K-8 Level, Kosher Sandwich Meals and Cold Combos will be available in the caferteria at 9:30 am for pickup. The student wanting the meal must come to the cafeteria to select their meal to take with them on the field trip. If a meal is needed before 9:30 am for a field trip, then the food service office must be contacted the prior day before 2:30 pm.
- At the high school, students may come to the cafeteria as early as 8:00 am to pickup an Kosher Sandwich meal, or pre-made salad/sandwich meal. If a meal is needed before 8:00 am, then the food service office must be contacted the prior day before 2:30 pm.